Tuesday, May 7, 2019

How things have changed

I stumbled back upon my old blog due to my sister having a self proclaimed midlife crisis in which she started blogging.  I went to comment on a post of hers and boom there it was!  Now I’m not a good writer and I don’t have much to say but it was fun to re-read those old posts from 9 years ago. It took me back to our bird owning, bar hopping, finically irresponsible, orchid obsessed days.  The birds went to live with an old lady in the North end because we moved into a 800 sq ft. apartment and they were way to loud.  We got a second greyhound before moving into that tiny apartment, we lost both the dogs this past year.  Carol and Dorian broke up and we lost touch.  The orchids are dead and we now have a budget.  

When I turned 30 I was a little sad to close that chapter of my life.  It was rocky at times but I loved the carelessness and spontaneity of those years!  Every day felt like anything was possible and I was always up for the next adventure. I remember waking up Saturday mornings and Peter and I would lay in bed googling what the city had to offer that weekend and off we would go to whatever caught our interest and evenings always revolved around meeting up with friends.   Now I feel tired when I  wake up and and spontaneity doesn’t bod well with a 5 month olds nap schedule. I also work every weekend which limits my social life.   I’m not saying I’m not enjoying my new season of life because I absolutely am but when I talk to some of my older nieces in their late teens early 20’s I just really want them to understand the power of those years.  That energy you have and adaptability slowly shift  along with your social life so embrace that freedom and energy while you have it!  Go see the world, meet people, experience new things, because some day you might want to settle down and start a family and that’ll be what your energy goes towards.

1 comment:

  1. Love this!!! And so true! Each season demands different things from you. But gives you different gifts, too!

    ReplyDelete